Crisp fall days are almost here and we want to make the most of them before we get snowed in for the winter! Whether you call it fall or autumn, today we’re sharing a list autumn activities that we look forward to each year. We hope some of them will help you celebrate the changing of the seasons!
- Have an apple picking party! Take a picnic lunch full of tasty nibbles and a few of your best friends and head to a local apple orchard to enjoy the crisp autumn weather, and fresh apples. When you get home, start thinking about apple pie, apple butter and caramel apples, or any of your favourite treats. If you want some more ideas check out An Apple Picking Party from My Name is Yeh.
- If you’re in an area where the seasons change, make the most of the beauty around you and take a drive to watch the leaves change into brilliant colors. Collect some of those fallen leaves to bring home with you and create any number of crafty projects like this Fall Leaf Wreath from The Cards We Drew.
- Stay indoors and make hearty fall soups! When the weather outside is rainy and cool, warm up indoors and make the house smell amazing by putting together a fall soup. Whether you prefer a squash bisque or a hearty stew we’re sure you’ll find something to try in House Beautiful’s 50 Most Delicious Fall Soups.
- Have a bonfire party with s’mores! There’s no better way to enjoy those chilly fall nights than outdoors with friends and a roaring fire. Make sure guests young and old have something sweet to toast over the fire with the perfect DIY S’mores station.
- Head to the local pumpkin patch. Pick pumpkins to carve, wander through a corn maze, do activities with the little ones, and take some fabulous family photos. When you get home, roast pumpkin seeds for a tasty autumn snack!
- Craft for autumn! Make Cinnamon Scented Pine Cones, Fall Luminaries, a Fall Leaf Canvas, or an Autumn Handprint Tree. Knit an autumn scarf or hat, or a blanket to cozy up with by the fire using inspiration from our Pinterest Knits and Knitting board.
- Try a new pumpkin spice recipe! Savor these Pumpkin Donuts, make your own Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte, serve up a delicious breakfast with Pumpkin Spice Waffles, or get fancy with these Pumpkin Spice Macarons. The only limit is your imagination!
We hope we’ve given you some inspiration to plan some autumn activities to enjoy with family and friends. If you’re looking for more ways to celebrate the season, we have a Pinterest board full of crafty ideas, recipes and fun ways to enjoy the crisp autumn air.
Like this post? Pin it!