So much planning goes into crafting a perfect wedding day, but it’s easy to overlook small details of when things might go wrong- shoe prints on your dress from when an over-enthusiastic hugger stepped on it, makeup from yourself or family hugs, or food and drink from later in the reception. It isn’t just women who need to worry about this sort of thing- men’s suits are especially susceptible to makeup on the shoulders from all that hugging of friends and family, and it shows up on a black suit very easily.
This is why Eucalan wipes are about to become your secret weapon for your picture-perfect wedding. Eucalan wipes have stain-fighting and dirt-removing formulas that are gentle on fabrics, and are a concentrated version of our delicate wash. They come in small, single use packages that make them perfect for all kinds of uses:
In the bathroom (both men’s and women’s!) at the reception. It’s common practice for there to be a basket of products that your guests may want to use while at the reception such as mouthwash, a sewing kit, nail file, hair spray, etc. Adding in some Eucalan wipes will be a thoughtful touch to help keep your guest’s dressy clothes stain-free and looking their best, even if they did spill a little something.
For your bridesmaid’s handbags. Those beautiful dresses are magnets for wine and food at the reception, or even traces of make up. Help them look their beautiful best by including some Eucalan wipes in their bags to spot clean whenever the need arises.
For YOUR dress! Be sure to tuck a few wipes in your own handbag, or wherever you are keeping your things that you might need during the wedding reception. With so many people hugging you and come up to congratulate you, it is easy for them to get make up, food or drink onto your beautiful dress, or possibly even stepping on parts of the dress. Eucalan wipes will clean up almost anything that ends up on your dress, and your attendants will be able to help spot clean any part of your dress that you can’t easily reach.
Here is a quick video that shows you exactly how to use the wipes:
How easy was that? If you want to find this post again later, why not save it to Pinterest?
Knitting lace can be a wonderfully satisfying challenge, but it takes a good wet blocking to see the complete transformation from a bit of crumpled up loops and stitches to the full beauty of a lace design. Wet blocking lace can be intimidating, but it’s easier than you think! Here is a full tutorial on how to do it, step by step.
- Eucalan in the scent of your choice
- Water and a sink/bowl large enough to hold your knit
- Foam blocking boards, or a thick blanket
- Pins (rust proof/stainless steel)
- Tape Measure
Fill your sink or bowl with tepid water, and add one capful of Eucalan in the scent of your choice. Gently place your knit in the water, and gently swish it around, ensuring that it is completely saturated.
Remove your knit from the water (no need to rinse with Eucalan!) and roll it firmly in a towel to remove excess water and moisture.
Lay your knit out on a large surface. You can use a bed, blocking boards, some thick blankets, anything that works for you. When pinning out your project, follow the main shape before pinning out any details. This means that you will start with the basic outline and pin all the straight edges before concentrating on more specific design features. Here is where the measuring tape can be very helpful – if you have two straight sides, you can measure to make sure they are both the same length.
When pinning out scallops or lace loops, use as many pins as you want, pinning each loop into place. it takes time, but it is worth it.
If your project has straight edges, blocking wires can be really helpful. You insert the wires through the loops in as straight a line as you can, and pin the blocking wires into place.
Step 5: Leave it to dry. once your knit is completely dry, unpin and remove blocking wires, if used.
- If you have pets or small children, pin out your lace somewhere where you can close a door to keep them out, or on something you can move to a place where they can’t touch it.
- If you like to knit lace, it might be worth investing in T-Shaped pins and blocking wires for really crisp definition and blocking. Otherwise, stainless steel sewing pins will work just fine.
- It takes a fair bit of time to pin out something with a lot of detail, so be sure to give yourself plenty of time to do a good job.
- If you would like to get everything you need for blocking all at once, we really like this blocking kit from Cocoknits.
Like this Post? Pin it!
Summer feels so short, but there are lots of great ways to make the most of the beautiful weather without leaving your backyard. Here is my top 10 list of backyard fun ideas for summer!
1.Summer is a perfect time for s’mores, but who says you need to go camping to make them? Setting up a great backyard s’mores bar is sure to be one of the most memorable nights of the summer.
2. Make your own outdoor Jenga set for backyard games that are going be a hit with both kids and adults. So easy to make!
3. Bring the indoor furniture outside and set up a drink or food station to end all food stations. Don’t forget extra napkins!
4. Host an outdoor movie night in the back yard. Sleeping bags, blankets, pillows and popcorn- you can project a movie onto a hanging white sheet, and be sure to bring some speakers outside! Small projectors you can use with your smartphone make the project part easy.
5. DIY your own hammock bed from wooden pallets! Easier than you would think, and as dreamy as it gets for the backyard in the summer.
6. Nighttime backyard bowling with water bottles and glow sticks just might be the most fun thing for kids and grown ups alike.
7. An outdoor pizza bar makes feeding friends and family a breeze- setting out lots of toppings and flatbreads, then grilling them on the barbecue to perfection. So easy, and perfect for warm weather when it’s too hot to cook inside.
8. Flamingo ring toss has all sorts of fun retro vibes and is sure to make everyone smile. You can even rent flamingos, if you don’t want to buy any!
9. Like the idea of camping, but without the hassle of actually camping? Set up a tent in the backyard and experience all the fun of camping without any of the yucky bits!
10. It doesn’t get easier than this- inflatable pool, a pile of blankets and pillows, and snacks! An outdoor lounge comes together in a snap.
If you are looking for more summer inspriation, we have a Pinterest board full of the best summer ideas!