If you enjoy wearing makeup, washing your makeup brushes is one of those things you are supposed to do regularly, but often feels like a hassle. However, not washing your brushes can lead to clogged pores and breakouts, which is not great. Generally, you should wash your makeup brushes at least once a week, and we can show you the quick and easy way to do it. With Eucalan’s no rinse formula, you will save time because you won’t need the extra step of rinsing them! Let us show you the 2-minute method to freshen up and clean makeup brushes.
You will need:
- Eucalan in the scent of your choice
- Any makeup brushes that need a wash
- a sink or bowl with warm water
- a clean towel
A note about scent- Eucalan has only small amounts of essential oils that are used for fragrance, so you don’t need to worry about it being too harsh for your delicate skin. but if you are worried, you can always go with Natural, which is our unscented variety.
- Rinse your brushes under lukewarm water, to dislodge and soften any surface residue.
- Fill your sink or bowl (only about 1/3 full) with lukewarm water and one capful of Eucalan, and gently swirl your brush in the water. Try to focus mainly on the bristles, and not totally submerge to the metal (hard to avoid on small brushes, of course!) If you need a bit more power, add a bit of Eucalan straight from the bottle to the bristles, and gently swirl across your palm.
- If the water gets really dirty and opaque from the makeup washing out, drain the dirty water and refill the bowl/sink again. But the more frequently you wash your brushes, the faster it is to clean them, since there won’t be as much makeup to remove.
- When you are satisfied, use a clean towel or cloth to wipe your brush clean, gently reshaping the bristles.
- To dry, lay your brushes flat on a clean surface, or stand them up in an empty glass.
Ta-da! Now your brushes are clean, and the lanolin in the Eucalan formula will prevent the bristles from drying out. The best time to wash your brushes is either in the morning after you have finished applying your makeup, or in the evening, so they will be dry by morning.
You should pin this, so you’ll remember to clean your makeup brushes later!