Earlier this week, Jennifer Edgar (managing director of Eucalan) and Kristin Omdahl (the knit and crochet designer behind our new jasmine scent WRAPTURE) headed to Las Vegas for the CurveNV lingerie expo!
Next, Jennifer and Kristin will be heading to New York City for the CurveNY lingerie expo February 24-26! Be sure to stop by the booth (#B10) to experience WRAPTURE and inquire about our show specials.
While you're in the New York area, check out Patricia Fieldwalker's 2013 collections at the Kimberly Hotel, too!
Our new jasmine scent, Wrapture by Kristin Omdahl, will make your Valentine's Day extra-special this year. Tuck a bottle in with a special gift from your favourite lingerie shop; the romantic scent of night blooming jasmine will set the perfect mood!
Jasmine has a long history in the world of perfumery; is a well-known aphrodisiac and often referred to as "the perfume of love." Its uplifting fragrance relieves stress and anxiety and is also said to help with one's memory, while its naturally antiseptic benefits make it an ideal choice for a variety of uses, from skin care to washing garments that will be worn close to the skin.
Here are some more interesting facts about Jasmine:
- The optimal time to pick Jasmine flowers is, of course, at night when they bloom; it takes approximately 1,000 pounds of flowers to produce one pound of Jasmine oil.
- Jasmine is a member of the olive family.
- The word 'jasmine' is derived from the arabic yasmin and is translated as "Gift from God."
- Jasmine orginates in China and Northern India; it was brought to Spain by the Moors. Today, France, Italy, Morocco, Egypt, China, Japan and Turkey are the leading producers of Jasmine oil.
- University researchers in Japan found that diffusing certain aromas in an office envrionment dramatically improved mental acuity and concentration. The aroma of jasmine resulted in 33% fewer errors being made, as compared to Lavender, which resulted in 20% fewer errors.