Did you know that hand washing hosiery not only cleans and refreshes, but it can actually extend the life of your item if you use Eucalan? Since there is no need to rinse out after washing, there is a decreased chance of snagging or inadvertently causing a run in your stocking or thigh high. The lanolin naturally conditions and softens fibres, and our all-natural formula is free of optical brighteners or other additives which break down elastic fibres. We recommend Lavender, Grapefruit, or our jasmine scent Wrapture to care for these delicate items, as each scent contains naturally antiseptic essential oils; for the truly scent-sensitive, we recommend Natural, which contains no added chemicals to hide the natural scent of the product.
If you have invested in high-quality hosiery or thigh highs , make sure you are caring for them properly using these simple steps to hand wash:
- Add Eucalan to basin or sink; fill with tepid water (room temperature water, not hot and not cold).
- Insert article to be washed and soak for 15 minutes (minimum).
- Squeeze article gently to incorporate water and soap through fibres.
- Pull article out of water and gently squeeze out excess water. Do not twist or ring.
- Hang hosiery to dry.
- If you need to launder in a machine, place hosiery in a mesh laundry bag or pillow case and be sure that it is separate from items with clasps or velcro (click here to find out how to use Eucalan in your washing machine).
VienneMilano makes some of our favourite thigh highs which are perfect for wearing year-round; their Spring and Bridal collections are a breath of fresh air for the changing seasons! Show below is the Elisabetta style in white, perfect for adding a touch of seduction to your wedding day (or night).
We recommend washing each thigh high in Eucalan and storing in the VienneMilano box when dry to prolong the life of your stockings. Click here to learn more on our blog archive and here on the Vienne Milano website.