- Even if your swimsuit is white, don’t use bleach! Bleach is a sure-fire way to damage fibres and reduce the life of your suit.
- Don’t machine-wash your swimsuit! This causes pilling and also breaks down fibres.
- After each use, don’t forget to wash your suit in a mild detergent such as Eucalan to remove sweat, salt, chlorine, sunblock, bacteria and sand.
- Don’t stretch out your suit by using a clothes dryer or hanging it up to dry! It’s best to use a towel to squeeze out the remaining water, then lay flat to dry out of direct sunlight.
- Don’t use the same suit every day. Your swim suit will need 24 hours to regain shape, and it’s best to wait until it’s 100% dry before using it again.
No need to be intimidated by the above list – caring for swimwear is easy with Eucalan, we promise! In the short tutorial video below, Eucalan‘s managing director Jennifer Edgar shares easy-to-follow tips to keep your swimwear, workout gear and other technical fibres looking their best: